Monday, February 15, 2010

The Jazz Piano Book extra resources

I have been working through the beginning of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Piano Book" and to assist with my learning, I have created myself some useful extra resources using Sibelius. Yes, I know jazz piano playing is primarily an aural art but, being a reader, I find it useful to have the dots in front of me initially to find the notes I need and then work towards internalising them from there.
1. Notated Cycle of Fifths - II V I - 3 note chords starting with the 3rd on top.
2. Notated Cycle of Fifths - II V I - 3 note chords starting with the 7th on top.
3. Notated Cycle of Fifths - II V I - Substituting the II V with a Sus chord
4. Notated Cycle of Fifths - II V I - Substituting the II V with a Phrygian chord
I am happy to share these for free and have published them on my webpage at Sibelius Music.
Double click on the Jazz folder and then the Jazz Learning Resources folder and either download or print them off for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment